Re: [fw-wiz] EAL4 firewall choice

From: Bennett Todd (bet_at_rahul.net)
Date: 10/12/04

    To: Kevin Sheldrake <kev@electriccat.co.uk>
    Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:25:06 +0000

    2004-10-12T14:13:14 Kevin Sheldrake:
    > I have a requirement to install an EAL4 firewall in my very small
    > office, to replace my gentoo 2.6 iptables box.

    Pick whichever is cheapest, deploy it to meet your "requirement",
    and use a real firewall behind it to enforce a real security
    barrier. That's the only way I deploy packet filters, which most of
    those on that list seem to be.

    -Bennett

    • Re: change of public IP
      ... >> disagree strong enough with the DMZ solution. ... >> outside the firewall. ... the DMZ is just as secure as the LAN network. ... > In a real firewall solution, the only reason to have the DMZ is to ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: change of public IP
      ... Exchange 2003 server and such, it's amazing to see them complain about ... spending $1900 on a firewall appliance to protect all of their network. ... >>> disagree strong enough with the DMZ solution. ... >> In a real firewall solution, the only reason to have the DMZ is to ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Firewall recommendation
      ... The freeGuard 100 comes with unlimited users, ... filtering categories similar to the SonicWALL TZ180 with Premium content ... firewall, even though "real firewall" is a subjective term, as some people ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SBS 2003 Std Edition and exchange2003
      ... A 'real firewall' will cost similarly, ... more, than upgrade to SBS Premium which includes a real firewall, ISA. ... If you must allow VPN into the network I don't really care whether the VPN ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Subnet, gateway and iptables question
      ... I have one real firewall setup which works ... the incoming line into 2 and connected another test firewall machine. ... I gave this test firewall a test lan to protect. ... my free external IPs) to the internal address of the lan machine. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)