RE: [fw-wiz] Pass-through VPN

From: Melson, Paul (PMelson_at_sequoianet.com)
Date: 09/30/04

    To: "Roberts, Shawn" <Shawn.Roberts@ualberta.ca>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:51:32 -0400

    <PASTE> That all depends. </PASTE>

    Is this a site-to-site or client tunnel? Is the traffic originating
    inside or outside the firewall? Is it PPTP, L2TP, or IPSec/ISAKMP (or
    SKIP, if you're a BorderManager user)? Is the PIX a termination point
    for other VPN connections? All of these effect how you need to
    configure the PIX.

    PaulM

    • Win2K3 L2TP VPN server behind Cisco PIX firewall - Help!
      ... I am trying to setup a Windows 2003 L2TP VPN gateway behind a Cisco PIX ... separate path past our PIX firewall by dual-porting the VPN server across the ... access-list outside_access_in remark permit isakmp from any to any ...
    • [fw-wiz] L2TP & Split Tunnel -
      ... some issues that have come up while trying to get L2TP ... The PIX in question has been running ... a VPN in tunnel mode that allowed cisco VPN clients to ... L2TP does not support split tunneling. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Minimum requirements for IPSec over L2TP - PIX.
      ... PIX should not be able to manage that kind of encapsulation and I'm looking for the cheapest solution to build the tunnel. ... Moreover is it possible to split the de-encapsulation process by two and let the PIX decrypt the IPsec and forward the L2TP packets to another device that will de-encapsulate them? ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: L2TP via PIX
      ... i'm trying to use the L2TP ports for VPN ... the PPTP ports are working fine, and i can L2TP connect, but only inside the ... PIX firewall ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)