[fw-wiz] "upgrade" for Gauntlet

morty_at_frakir.org
Date: 09/08/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:24:50 -0400

    So, Gauntlet is no longer available. Securecomputing is pushing
    Sidewinder G2. Another possibility is Cyberguard.

    I have some differences, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience
    with both.

    - Morty

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Recommended Open Source Proxy Firewalls
      ... But don't expect it to match up against Sidewinder or Cyberguard ... or other commercial offerings. ... It's me again with my lame child: ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Sidewinder 5.2.x to G2 upgrade -- Lived to tell the tale?
      ... Many performance bugs and things have been improved in G2. ... Basically Sidewinder was lacking in several areas. ... Computing bought NAI/PGP's Gauntlet firewall. ... With Gauntlet, there were some great things like a Socks proxy, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: what happened to Gauntlet and Eagle Raptor
      ... As far as Gauntlet goes, yes Secure Computing bought Gauntlet from ... NAI/PGP and actually Secure Computing still supports it. ... However, their new firewall product, Sidewinder G2 6.1, which ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)