Re: [fw-wiz] Netscreen compatibility

From: Peter Bruderer (brudy_at_bruderer-research.com)
Date: 08/27/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 05:29:28 +0200

    IPsec between old and new Netscreens works without problems.

    Netscreen IPsec parameters are highly configurable, so you can make it work
    with most other products.

    Microsoft IPsec client is very limited in its configuration possibilities. If
    you do enough debugging on the Netscreen side, you can make it work with
    Netscreen.

    I know for sure with Windows 2000. Again, to have the full functionality it is
    better to use the Netscreen VPN client, which is not free, but costs
    basically nothing.

    --
      Peter Bruderer                mailto:brudy@bruderer-research.com
      Bruderer Research GmbH                    phone +41 52 620 26 53