Re: [fw-wiz] Top Secret DOD Data over the Public Internet? Thoughts?

From: Kevin Sheldrake (kev_at_electriccat.co.uk)
Date: 08/21/04

    To: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@datapower.com>, "'Gary Flynn'" <flynngn@jmu.edu>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:30:20 +0100

    "Like most large enterprises, DOD wants to consolidate its networks under
    a single architecture, making use of the Internet wherever possible, Hale
    said."

    "Eventually, the agency wants to merge its own networks into a single
    entity, Hale said."

    It certainly reads to me that they want all their differently classified
    networks to run over the Internet; which would imply crypto separation
    would be required.

    ;)

    Kev

    --