Re: [fw-wiz] Top Secret DOD Data over the Public Internet? Thoughts?

From: Kevin Sheldrake (kev_at_electriccat.co.uk)
Date: 08/21/04

    To: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@datapower.com>, "'Gary Flynn'" <flynngn@jmu.edu>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:30:20 +0100

    "Like most large enterprises, DOD wants to consolidate its networks under
    a single architecture, making use of the Internet wherever possible, Hale
    said."

    "Eventually, the agency wants to merge its own networks into a single
    entity, Hale said."

    It certainly reads to me that they want all their differently classified
    networks to run over the Internet; which would imply crypto separation
    would be required.

    ;)

    Kev

    --
    Kevin Sheldrake MEng MIEE CEng CISSP
    Electric Cat (Bournemouth) Ltd

    • Re: tpg cancel attack
      ... Internet connections to move traffic. ... common set of communications protocols. ... The vast collection of inter-connected networks across the world that ... A worldwide network of computer networks. ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • "Wendy Williams Show" moving to BET
      ... June 1 -- BET Networks has acquired Debmar-Mercury's THE ... WENDY WILLIAMS SHOW for a second season in the U.S. this fall and has ... a leading Internet destination for Black ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: Steve our posts have been deleted!!!!!
      ... That's due to the amount of bandwidth used for streaming! ... internet to serve 10-million listeners; there is simply no way the ... actually where in the coverage-zone of their terrestial networks. ... Of course, when you are talking about non-linear broadcasting, that's ...
      (alt.radio.digital)
    • Who controls the internet? [telecom]
      ... Who controls the internet? ... Keith Alexander looks like a character straight out of an old ... Pentagon's sprawling cyber networks and tasked with battling unknown ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • RE: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.
      ... as I would think home networks are not proxied and filtered. ... GPO that forces users to use a proxy server. ... proxy sever for there internet access in the company, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)