Re: [fw-wiz] Remote Access via Checkpoint VPN

From: Erick Mechler (emechler_at_techometer.net)
Date: 08/18/04

    To: MHawkins@TULLIB.COM
    Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:15:10 -0700

    :: You're completely off you're nut!
    ::
    :: If you don't use a public IP on your firewall then I would suggest that alot
    :: of your PMTU is broken as well as your potential VPN.

    I wouldn't say he's "completely" off his nut... :) I have plenty of FWs
    with physical private IPs that have public IP blocks routed to them,
    however this will not work in a VPN deployment.

    Michel, you can't terminate a CheckPoint VPN on a FW that doesn't have a
    public IP associated with its physical interface. The VPN won't work that
    way.

    Cheers - Erick