Re: [fw-wiz] To spoof or not to spoof???? That is the question....

From: Jim Seymour (jseymour_at_linxnet.com)
Date: 07/30/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:22:01 -0400 (EDT)

    InHisGrip <servie_platon@yahoo.com> wrote:

    [snip]

    > I was just wondering why this happened again?
    [snip]

    One or more people have you in their MS address books. The virus is
    simply picking *your* email address with which to spoof the source.

    > What are the possibilities? Is my yahoo mail account
    > been infected?

    Y! uses MS servers for their web mail stuff?

    > Or is it possible that a person that I
    > know has been infected that's why occasionally it
    > sends an email to all addresses in the address book?
    [snip]

    Yes.

    > Can anyone please enlighten me on this email spoofing
    > before I decomission this email for good and use
    > another one if there is no cure or solution for this.
    [snip]

    Learn to read email headers. Then you can figure out whence it's
    really coming. Google for something like

        read+email+header

    or

        read+email+header+<whatever your email client is>

    to find out how.

    --
    Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
    jseymour@LinxNet.com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php