Re: [fw-wiz] To spoof or not to spoof???? That is the question....

From: Jim Seymour (jseymour_at_linxnet.com)
Date: 07/30/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:22:01 -0400 (EDT)

    InHisGrip <servie_platon@yahoo.com> wrote:

    [snip]

    > I was just wondering why this happened again?
    [snip]

    One or more people have you in their MS address books. The virus is
    simply picking *your* email address with which to spoof the source.

    > What are the possibilities? Is my yahoo mail account
    > been infected?

    Y! uses MS servers for their web mail stuff?

    > Or is it possible that a person that I
    > know has been infected that's why occasionally it
    > sends an email to all addresses in the address book?
    [snip]

    Yes.

    > Can anyone please enlighten me on this email spoofing
    > before I decomission this email for good and use
    > another one if there is no cure or solution for this.
    [snip]

    Learn to read email headers. Then you can figure out whence it's
    really coming. Google for something like

        read+email+header

    or

        read+email+header+<whatever your email client is>

    to find out how.

    --
    Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
    jseymour@LinxNet.com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php
                               |     http://www.spamcon.org/legalfund/

    • Re: Global warming...gasoline into the fire!
      ... governments, particularly at the municipal level, took action and established programs that made it easy for people to dispose of much of their waste, such as plastic and paper. ... I used to find books that were in good condition, if not brand new, in the cutout bins that some local bookstores used to have, but that seems to be a thing of the past now. ... The only time you get a favorable view of government from business is when government starts talking about RFPs and $billions in a megabudget, then they all show up with big smiles on their faces. ...
      (sci.research.careers)
    • Re: How to convert Infix notation to postfix notation
      ... I can't remember which books I've read. ... Platforms Only: The Incomplete Reference With A Few Errors To Make ... before coding starts you need to know your data types. ...
      (comp.lang.c)
    • Re: A note on computing thugs and coding bums
      ... books of the same kind. ... Nor is there a mob. ... I mean, it's true that I question your competence, yes, but the ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: The Harry Potter Movie Index...
      ... books, the movies were perfectly understandable and enjoyable. ... If only he hadn't butchered the characters it might have been watchable. ...
      (alt.fan.harry-potter)
    • Re: Not just a doddering grandparent...
      ... number of late-thirties through mid-forties posters here (Dave Baranyi, ... I am a gourmand when it comes to books. ...
      (rec.arts.anime.misc)