RE: [fw-wiz] (no subject)

From: Melson, Paul (PMelson_at_sequoianet.com)
Date: 07/28/04

    To: "Spearman, William CONT (FISC YOKO)" <William_W_Spearman@yoko.fisc.navy.mil>, "Wizards List Firewall (E-mail)" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:08:05 -0400

    The error is likely due to NTLM HTTP authentication failing. The only
    feature of the PIX itself that could disrupt this is the HTTP fixup.
    You can disable this in config mode by entering 'no fixup http 80'.
    However, connecting through a PIX running 6.3(3), I run Windows Update
    through that URL with the HTTP fixup enabled.

    PaulM

    • [fw-wiz] RE: PIX Problem
      ... We've encountered a problem with the PIX firewall and it's interaction ... with Windows Update. ... administrator or a member of the Administrators group. ... network policy settings may also prevent you ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Windows update behind cisco pix
      ... If some machines are working and some aren't, it mostly likely is not your ... We use a PIX, and have never had any issues with any of our servers or ... computers running Windows Update, and we don't have any special ports opened ... | I would get "unable to verify publisher on activeX" then Got error 0X8dddd ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)