Re: [fw-wiz] iso 17799

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 07/27/04

    To: mlh@zipworld.com.au
    Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:40:50 -0400

    mlh@zipworld.com.au wrote:
    >I call this the 'stone soup' approach. That's a story
    >applicable to all sorts of situations :-)

    It makes security practitioners (who are nominally technical
    professionals) into cargo-cult witch doctors, or facilitators
    of lameness.

    As Richard Feynman approximately said, "as long as we
    don't point and laugh at pseudoscientists we are helping
    maintain an environment in which they flourish."

    mjr.