Re: [fw-wiz] SMTP security server open relay question

From: Luca Berra (bluca_at_comedia.it)
Date: 07/22/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:26:51 +0200

    On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:34:08AM -0400, Matt Ritenburg wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I modified our SMTP security server with a "*@.mydomain.com" in the
    >recipient field of the match tab, however, it does not seem to make a
    >difference. The security server still issues a 250 response to any
    >recipient regardless of destination domain. The resource is included in
    >the rule base and is used for the same rule that catches SMTP traffic and
    >sends it to our CVP server. The policy has been saved and pushed. I dunno
    >what else to check?

    drop that piece of junk.
    use a serious smtp server facing the internet and have it forward all
    mail to an antivirus that speaks either smtp or lmtp.
    i only had nightmares with fw1 smtp server and its poor queue handling.

    L.

    --
    Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it
            Communication Media & Services S.r.l.

    • Re: Outlook Express error when sending email
      ... >> with McAfee Antivirus and Firewall disabled. ... >> Looking on MS's Knowledge Base, the error means "0x800CCC0B BUSY Server ... >> The SMTP server was definitely correct - it was the same ISP and same ... > make a clean installation. ...
      (uk.comp.misc)
    • Re: 554 : Recipient address rejected: Relay acces
      ... What I expect is that telus will only, by default, let people use their SMTP server to relay email when they are connecting via the telus network on a telus IP address ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Suddenly mails sent by IIS stop being delivered to hotmail accounts
      ... I've a really big problem sending mails to hotmail accounts. ... Now there's no way to get mail sent by our Virtual SMTP server being ... We are on Windows Server 2003, ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
    • Re: email forms fail with FronPage Error please report details to webmaster
      ... Check if SMTP server settings are correctly configured. ... address specified in the form configuration (Sometimes the Relay might not ... Right click on the Default SMTP Virtual Server and select Properties. ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • Re: WSS and SMTP
      ... Also does it matter what SMTP server I use? ... Administration e-mail settings. ... language code may cause the e-mail messages to be ...