Re: [fw-wiz] Multiple MAC address on one interface

From: Ng Pheng Siong (ngps_at_netmemetic.com)
Date: 07/10/04

    To: chicks@chicks.net
    Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:46:42 +0800

    On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:16:31PM -0400, chicks@chicks.net wrote:
    > So, is there some cheap way to have one NIC
    > respond to multiple MAC addresses? I'm most comfortable with Linux, but
    > if I needed to use BSD or something else I'd be willing to do that.

    Google returns this item as the first hit for "proxy arp linux":

      http://www.sjdjweis.com/linux/proxyarp/

    Article may not do exactly what you want but should contain enough hints
    regarding commands etc. to get you started.

    HTH.

    --
    Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@netmemetic.com>
    http://firewall.rulemaker.net -+- Cisco PIX & Netscreen Config Version Control

    • Re: advice for my new Linux workstation
      ... supports up to 16GB or ram be build today and would latest Debian Linux ... I would expect so (but pick any two from cheap, ... recommend the 64 bit kernel, though, as it manages that memory much ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: needs advice
      ... >>They seem to be cheap devices and the paper feed does not work ... > Just want to chime in here Jay. ... > multifunction devices since the first OfficeJets that ever existed to my ... works with Linux. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Need Evaluation Board suggestion?
      ... I think it's going to be an uphill battle running Linux on it. ... > and relatively cheap). ... The OP needs to decided if he wants to do uCLinux or a "full ... with a StrongARM or maybe ARM9 or PPC. ...
      (comp.os.linux.embedded)
    • Re: novell-suse linux dead meat?
      ... >> Mass exposure, and acceptance, are the keys to linux success. ... > money and not to feed anything back. ... > ways to get cheap distro's. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: When does a binary extension gets the file extension .pyd and when is it .so
      ... are so cheap that everyone can have one. ... I don't know if this is a special case on Linux or the general on unix ... Believe me nobody needs to teach me anything about general programming ...
      (comp.lang.python)