Re: [fw-wiz] Multiple MAC address on one interface

From: Ng Pheng Siong (ngps_at_netmemetic.com)
Date: 07/10/04

    To: chicks@chicks.net
    Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:46:42 +0800

    On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:16:31PM -0400, chicks@chicks.net wrote:
    > So, is there some cheap way to have one NIC
    > respond to multiple MAC addresses? I'm most comfortable with Linux, but
    > if I needed to use BSD or something else I'd be willing to do that.

    Google returns this item as the first hit for "proxy arp linux":

      http://www.sjdjweis.com/linux/proxyarp/

    Article may not do exactly what you want but should contain enough hints
    regarding commands etc. to get you started.

    HTH.

    --
    Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@netmemetic.com>
    http://firewall.rulemaker.net -+- Cisco PIX & Netscreen Config Version Control