[fw-wiz] Syslog montioring and usage.

From: Chad Thomsen (chad.thomsen_at_bramespecialty.com)
Date: 07/12/04

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:54:07 -0400

    I am trying to learn the ins and outs of using Syslog. I am at my
    second job where I have installed and configure another Pix, but have
    never really got into Syslog. I am currently using KIWI syslog daemon.
    I would like to better find out what the messages mean, and how to track
    down port scans, and other security related issues that syslog may
    reveal. To sum it up I want to be able to have a good understanding of a
    log file that comes form a Pix.

    Sorry for such a n00b question as I am really starting to dig into
    network security.

    Thanks,

    Chad Thomsen, MCSE, CCNA