Re: Certification (was Re:[fw-wiz] Vulnerability Response)

From: Dave Piscitello (
Date: 06/19/04

    To: "Paul D. Robertson" <>
    Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:51:03 -0400

    At 06:30 PM 6/18/2004 -0400, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
    >Sure we are, we're smiting! You can't have wizards without a good smiting
    >or two! Me?

    Ah, is that a broad sword 2d5 under your slicker, or are you happy to be here?

    For the record, I did not take personal offense at the comment, nor was I
    in any way throwing my strength=18/30 body in the way of incoming darts
    aimed at consultants at large. I'm just tired of the bickering.

    So my final $.02. It's the sum of the qualifications and the measure of the
    character of any individual and not any one of experience, charm,
    certification, or integrity that we might consider when we evaluate a job
    candidate, whether for a LAN admin position or C*O.

    >I call for a blanket condemnation of attackers.

    Unfortunate timing for such a comment given today's events.
    But I couldn't agree more.
    If only it were that easy in the virtual and real world...

    Now, everyone go home and hug (or call) someone you love...
    David M. Piscitello
    Core Competence, Inc.
    Myrtle Bank Lane HHI, SC 29926

    firewall-wizards mailing list