Re: Certification (was Re:[fw-wiz] Vulnerability Response)

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 06/19/04

    To: Dave Piscitello <yodave@hargray.com>
    Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:30:51 -0400 (EDT)

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Dave Piscitello wrote:

    > > > Expert, n: someone who has made all of the mistakes. See "consultant".
    > > >

    > >I strongly disagree. $consultant != 'expert'. Most of the consultants
    > >out there have great PR and soft skills and limited technical skills.
    > >There are soooo many clueless consultants out there, way more than
    > >cluefull ones...
    >
    > I hope the moderator will put this thread to bed, as it's degenerating
    > into digital racism. Once we begin blanket condemnation of any group
    > we aren't acting much like wizards...

    Sure we are, we're smiting! You can't have wizards without a good smiting
    or two! Me? I call for a blanket condemnation of attackers.

    There, I feel better now. Good thing it's Friday.

    Seriously, no need for anyone to get wrapped up in it, there's nothing
    wrong with a little give an take- it's really amusing to see otherwise
    rational folks defend consulting or certifications, or attack consulting
    or certifications based upon their status as such- now, is the status due
    to the belief, or the belief due to the status? That's the interesting
    question in these threads...

    Paul