RE: [fw-wiz] AltaVista Firewall

From: Carl Friedberg (friedberg_at_exs.esb.com)
Date: 06/09/04

    To: "Matthew J. Harmon" <mjh@itys.net>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:50:17 -0400

    What exactly do you need?

    I have managed a significant installation of AVTunnel
    (which one, by the way; there are multiple versions,
    Service Packs, etc).

    The server must run on Windows NT 4; the client has
    had some additional life support, so that it does in
    fact run on W2k.

    I would strongly recommend that you migrate your
    client off this product.

    Carl Friedberg
    carl.friedberg@comets.com
    +1.212.233.5470
    www.comets.com

    • Re: Wrt54G is a FW appliance?
      ... >Send me a link to where it's passed any certification as a firewall. ... Client mode (support multiple attached devices) ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] VPN concentrators
      ... Hmmm, I have been through a scenario involving VPN, Anti-Virus & Distributed ... Firewalls and we found that we had a very clear choice between support ... The first issue arose when we attempted to codify firewall rule sets that were ... >>>features can be used if you match the client to the device (personal ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] AltaVista Firewall
      ... this was sold to Axent and a maintenance ... marketplace needed a "real" firewall product. ... The AltaVista FW product was intended to be an easy to use ... > Firewall (migrating away, but still need support). ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • [fw-wiz] AltaVista Firewall
      ... I recently entered an client engagement and they are using the AltaVista ... Firewall (migrating away, but still need support). ... product information (no technical documentation) and the support tech ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] httport 3snf
      ... > Having worked in the Firewall support role at several companies, ... I had my CIO approve my security policy. ... time educating him about Internet risk. ... There's also a very good "at what point is the firewall now useless" ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)