Re: [fw-wiz] AltaVista Firewall

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 06/09/04

    To: "Matthew J. Harmon" <mjh@itys.net>
    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:41:49 -0400 (EDT)

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Matthew J. Harmon wrote:

    > I recently entered an client engagement and they are using the AltaVista
    > Firewall (migrating away, but still need support). About five years ago
    > I very briefly worked with this product (Digital -> Compaq/HP) which now
    > appears to have no support, the digital.com website for their software
    > (altavista.software.digital.com) is gone, the compaq website only has
    > product information (no technical documentation) and the support tech
    > (last ditch effort!) I talked to argued with me for ten minutes about
    > how AltaVista is a search engine and not a firewall.

    I think AltaVista Firewall got sold to Axent, who got borged by Symantec.

    > Thanks for any help you can provide!

    You might see if Symantec offers any support/documentation options.

    HTH,

    Paul

    • Re: [fw-wiz] httport 3snf
      ... > Having worked in the Firewall support role at several companies, ... I had my CIO approve my security policy. ... time educating him about Internet risk. ... There's also a very good "at what point is the firewall now useless" ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Why to never buy Symantec/Norton products
      ... What kind of support is that. ... As a user of Symantec products who uses these successfully - ... SystemWorks 2004, Norton Ghost 2003, and Norton Personal Firewall ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Why you should never buy Symantec/Norton products
      ... What kind of support is that. ... As a user of Symantec products who uses these successfully - ... SystemWorks 2004, Norton Ghost 2003, and Norton Personal Firewall ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Why you should never buy Symantec/Norton products
      ... Big Mac wrote: ... >>Have you ever tried to get support from Symantec. ... What kind of support is that. ... and it included the Personal Firewall too ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Messenger Audio/Video with ISA 2004
      ... Technically speaking, if this needs to be supported through the firewall, ... Therefore, the external client can ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)