[fw-wiz] PIX to Router IPSec

ghideon_at_ghideon.com
Date: 06/08/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

    Need some advice on the following:

    I'm going to establish a PIX to Router IPSec tunnel between two locations.
     The PIX has a public IP and a private IP, and the router has two public
    IPs.

    I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this. Since the router has
    public IPs, I will need to pass the traffic to another PIX that sits
    behind the router, since that second PIX has a public IP and a private IP.
     Is this making any sense? Or is what I'm trying to do not possible? If
    worse comes to worse, I can just go from PIX to PIX.

    Thanks
    Tony

    • RE: Router with security features
      ... Subject: Router with security features ... Cisco makes an even cheaper and smaller pix firewall. ... Pix 520's it just does not come with more powerful hardware. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Router with security features
      ... Subject: Router with security features ... Well when looking at firewalls you have to understand that a PIX is a PC ... If you want the firewall to work well, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: PIX Question
      ... to say on the locking down a router and yes the firewall will block internal ... With out some sort of filtering on the ... edge router you will still leave yourself open to certain attacks. ... Subject: PIX Question ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Question on dynamic routing and PIX VPN
      ... >servers are behind a PIX and I need to use an IPSEC VPN to link the sites. ... Those customers are insisting the fact they ... I have a router which I own. ... Each packet coming in through one of the decidated SDSL interfaces ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: PIX 506E as a router
      ... to use it as a simple router? ... as you *need* the responses coming from the WAN unless ... incoming packets that are responses to outgoing packets (a ... PIX 506E do -fairly- well in such configurations, ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)