[fw-wiz] Putting MS servers behind firewalls

From: Dilan Walgampaya (Dilan_at_dpitl.com)
Date: 06/07/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:23:34 +0600

    Hi Wizards,

            I ran in to a problem putting Microsoft Servers behind a firewall. The
    users has to go through the FW to access the servers. The servers I
    wanted to put are on an AD domain. There were AD server, File server and
    an Exchange server. These servers need a large no. of services opened
    for proper operation. The worse is that exchange server work in a
    dynamic port setup where the server opens a random port for each
    different client. MS site has some registry edits that is supposed to
    correct this dynamic port setup issue. But when I tried these they did
    not work as per the document describes.

            Has anybody done this kind of a setup (with other than an ISA server).
    I am interested in doing this with Netscreen/Pix and Linux IPTables. Any
    help is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    Dilan