RE: [fw-wiz] Linux Firewalls

From: Mark (firewalladmin_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 06/03/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:19:05 -0400

    I have replied to many of you in private emails, but wanted to publicly
    thank everyone for there input, advice and links. This is by far one of
    the most helpful forums I have seen. THANKS! [:o)

    Mark

    > Hello:
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has used the Firewall Builder for Linux
    > IPTables? I am looking through the documentation right now and it looks
    > pretty slick. I am experienced with ISA 2000, several Symantec
    > firewalls/appliances, Cisco routers and some other proprietary stuff,
    > but have never tackled Linux in any major way. The IPTables looks like a
    > steep learning curve for a guy with minimal Unix/Linux knowledge so this
    > looked like a good product. Anyone of you use it? I appreciate any
    > comments. Thanks!
    >
    > Mark

    • Google Summer of Code 2009: Student applies to create a Better IPTables Management Tool
      ... a student) and select the Linux Foundation ... The tool focuses on helping the user to perceive what a particular chains of rules in a particular table does to a user specified packet. ... As the project aims for better IPtables management tool, I can contribute with my hard earned 3 years experience in maintenance of firewalls. ... The tools helps the user to either select all the rules in the chain or some particular rules and tells the impact of the application of selected rules upon the incoming/outgoing packet. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Today Saturday May 2 - Ubuntu, Shuttleworth @ Global Linux Conference via VOIP - BerkeleyTIP
      ... members of the Global Ubuntu & Linux & Free SW communities. ... Ubuntu 9.04 Just out - Jaunty Jackalope, Mark Shuttleworth ... The Linux Framebuffer, Heather Stern ... Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) using Asterisk, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Iptables and SAMBA - Im going MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!
      ... On this linux box i have two net cards that go to two clients ... (samba works perfectly if i shut down iptables) ... #nelle regole - MODIFICARE SECONDO I PROPRI PARAMETRI ... #della rete Interna ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: firewall performance throughput between Linux and OpenBSD
      ... > The firewall is used to connect a private network to the internet. ... > ftp-proxy and the linux box does not. ... Running with a full pf rules file or the wideopen version ... > full rules file using iptables. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
    • Re: Networking between XP and Linux machines
      ... Mark Rush wrote: ... the linux box in the My Network Places. ... # this tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine ... Knute Johnson ...
      (linux.redhat)