Re: [fw-wiz] Worms, Air Gaps and Responsibility

From: Adam Shostack (adam_at_homeport.org)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: Mark Gumennik <mgumennik@mitre.org>
    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:00:07 -0400

    On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:07:49PM -0400, Mark Gumennik wrote:
> [...]

    1) ummm, no you don't.

    2) Even if you do choose to use all the bells and whistles, there are
    useful, usable bell and whistle sets, which are designed with a
    code/data division. These tools ship with most distributions. This
    division means that they don't fall victim to nearly as many worms,
    viruses, or trojans as the default Windows set.

    Adam

    • Re: Linux and Antivirus
      ... > when compared to windows it is still non-zero and will get ... happily try and write a linux virus, and they won't succeed, because ... That means that they were root attacks (or worms), ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Show me the Virrii!
      ... My point was just that if the roles of Windows and Linux (just for two ... Are there not SQL worms? ... > and any attachments from your system. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: How to write a linux virus
      ... Linux virus has been successfully deployed on a system, it's a bit harder on Linux for the virus to spread when compared to Windows. ... Worms are also deployed through trojans, but most* worms try to redeploy themselves again through a trojan You can do this on Linux. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Why I dumped Linux and went back to Windows.
      ... >> Windows world, maybe then I will try it again, but for now forget it. ... >> Moshe Klug ... Lexmark printer/scanner will probably never be supported in Linux, ... Windows-only worms. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Why I dumped Linux and went back to Windows.
      ... >> Windows world, maybe then I will try it again, but for now forget it. ... >> Moshe Klug ... Lexmark printer/scanner will probably never be supported in Linux, ... Windows-only worms. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)