Re: [fw-wiz] Worms, Air Gaps and Responsibility

From: Adam Shostack (adam_at_homeport.org)
Date: 05/10/04

    To: Mark Gumennik <mgumennik@mitre.org>
    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:00:07 -0400

    On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:07:49PM -0400, Mark Gumennik wrote:
> [...]

    1) ummm, no you don't.

    2) Even if you do choose to use all the bells and whistles, there are
    useful, usable bell and whistle sets, which are designed with a
    code/data division. These tools ship with most distributions. This
    division means that they don't fall victim to nearly as many worms,
    viruses, or trojans as the default Windows set.

    Adam