RE: [fw-wiz] Worms, Air Gaps and Responsibility

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 05/07/04

    To: Carson Gaspar <carson@taltos.org>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 18:45:37 -0400

    Carson Gaspar wrote:
    >I agree. My response was to you're "what excuse do they have" question. In my specific industry, they have a bunch.

    I think those excuses are predicated on an implicit business assumption
    that security is not cost-justified. But businesses are being conditioned
    (thanks to all the "security researchers" out there...) to be aware that
    security is a problem. So - since it's not cost-justified BUT they know
    they should do something about it: they produce excuses instead.

    mjr.