RE: [fw-wiz] Cannot send mail

From: Karl Mueller (karlm_at_acshelp.com)
Date: 05/05/04

    To: <kgiraldin@richland.lib.wa.us>
    Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:05:14 -0400

    A while back I had the same problem. Turns out the SMTP proxy on the
    Watchguard throws out that error when an email address is denied by the SMTP
    proxy. Check out the properties of the SMTP proxy: in the Watchguard firebox
    manager, open the SMTP service, Properties tab, Incoming... Button, then
    Address Patterns -- make sure Allowed From: is * if you want to receive
    email from anyone, and Denied From: doesn't contain any addresses you want
    mail from (this is what my firebox III's config says, so YMMV).

    Basically Watchguard provides a pretty granular filter for email addresses
    allowed/denied through it's proxy (which seems a little useless because of
    spoofed email addresses, but still).

    Hope this helps!

    -Karl