Re: 802.1x was: [fw-wiz] IPv6 comes in the game

From: Victor B. Williams (vbwilliams_at_essvote.net)
Date: 05/05/04

    To: "Andras Kis-Szabo" <kisza@securityaudit.hu>
    Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 06:16:49 -0500 (CDT)

    >> Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 server does 802.1x auth fine. We use to
    >> handle
    >> wireless access as well as port access on certain switches in the
    >> network.
    > And do you trust in the security of 802.1x protocol on wireless
    > networks? (What is the situation with the first steps and the
    > key-exchanges?)

    I don't really understand the question(s).

    Victor.

    • Re: Least User Priviledges for Network Administrators
      ... Trust how? ... Do we trust them to maintain network equipment? ... Do we trust them to observe proper security practices on the desktop, ... Training users that need administrator access to logon as a regular ...
    • Re: security effects of adding wireless access
      ... Do not overestimate the issues of network security beyond ... >>that they install a wireless access point. ... >>I can't understand why so few libraries have not installed wireless ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: project location is not fully trusted by .NET run time
      ... Properties dialog (on the Security page). ... Tools | Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards to launch the config tool. ... Select "Trusted Sites" and set the security level to Full Trust. ... > companies all the project located in network. ...
      (microsoft.public.vstudio.development)
    • Re: Perhaps the most OBVIOUS question you will ever see.
      ... Pocket PC wireless or SQL Server security. ... You and your boss are not suited for a working relationship. ... If you're a network admin or have another related ... >I work at a place where we have a myriad of wireless access points and NO, ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Perhaps the most OBVIOUS question you will ever see.
      ... Pocket PC wireless or SQL Server security. ... You and your boss are not suited for a working relationship. ... If you're a network admin or have another related ... >I work at a place where we have a myriad of wireless access points and NO, ...
      (microsoft.public.security)