RE: [fw-wiz] Waning Security Response

From: Chuck Vose (vosechu_at_roman-fleuve.com)
Date: 04/24/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:01:15 -0700

    Truly I work (very far) under an enlightened IS guy. When he called me
    today at work (how he got the work schedule is beyond me as it's a local
    thing) he struck me as being right about on par with Paul, ideologically
    at least.

    It freaks me out a little, but reassures me mostly, that he was able to
    find this thread so quickly. Then he offered to help me write the paper,
    which probably freaked me out most.

    Here I am, scared that he was going to yell at me or disapprove of me
    (why that should matter I haven't the foggiest), yet all he does is tell
    me that aside from being hurt about the VLAN thing, he agreed with Paul
    and that I wasn't in trouble.

    Anyways, I'm glad to work in an enlightened company and he was glad to
    have extra support (even if it's incredibly misguided).

    Phew.

    -Chuck

    • Re: [fw-wiz] RE: IDS (was: FW appliance comparison)
      ... > Paul D. Robertson wrote: ... It's not an argument against logging, ... It doesn't matter that you can't do it perfectly, ... that you don't store everything as a matter of course. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Watch Peter mess up, was he drunk?
      ... The fact that Gene and Paul have total say, ... insult me with a different screen name when I all I have to do is ... telling me i don't matter to you and then inviting me for a face-to-face ...
      (rec.music.artists.kiss)
    • Re: Watch Peter mess up, was he drunk?
      ... The fact that Gene and Paul have total say, ... 1770 called...it wants its insults back. ... telling me i don't matter to you and then inviting me for a face-to-face ...
      (rec.music.artists.kiss)
    • Re: I turned her in!
      ... Paul was going to be in pain one way or the other and however long he lives, you made it so he can continue and eventually go in peace. ... I knew you'd do the right thing, no matter how hard it was. ... daughters ''caregiver fatigue syndrome'' and what I saw her do to Paul but that I could not get involved for oveous reasons as bad as they wanted me to, they came and put him in the hospital for 5 days then a nursing home for 5 days, I hope they can keep him away from her cuz I believe there's more to it than just the paxil and fatigue, this caused a huge fight between my son and an I cuz both my son and his girlfriend have had a chemical dependency problem for the past 4 going on 5 years now that's cost me thousands and my mental welbeing 85% of the time, maybe this is a very needed wakeup call, I do believe they brought him ''Paul'' down from PA just for his money and notthing more, drugs are a very sad thing used the wrong way and very good used the correct way, I just need to sleep and see what I lost in my sons lies and trickery of stolen money and materials, a parent never want to believe there child would do things like this till it hits them square in the face full force, crack is an awful thing, people will do anything to get it I believe. ...
      (alt.support.chronic-pain)
    • Re: Why are there so many unsolved problems in physics?
      ... Paul Stowe wrote: ... I guess the 3 generations of physicists who have been trying to unite ... Kelvin's model of matter. ... Since Le Sage models of gravitation are completely without compelling ...
      (sci.physics)