[fw-wiz] Looking for papers on protecting servers

From: LazlÚ Carreidas (LazloCarreidas_at_netscape.net)
Date: 04/07/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com, focus-IDS@securityfocus.com, security-management@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 06:57:52 -0400

    My fellow experts,

    I have been requested to write a document that would describe the different means to "protect" a specific server in a datacentre (except for the continuous patching process, of course...)

    There are several possibilities (individual or combined):
      - firewall as a "datacentre door"
      - firewall (kind of "personal") over the server
      - good HIDS and NIDS
      - some kind of "security agent" that would raise an alert when needed
      - etc...

    I am looking for opinions, papers, etc... that could help me writing this document.

    Thank you for your help

      LazlÚ

    [Sorry for the multiple post]

    Netscape. Just the Net You Need.