[fw-wiz] Reducing Broadcast Storms

From: WEXLER, BEN A (SBCSI) (bw3481_at_sbc.com)
Date: 03/24/04

    To: "'firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com'" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:30:10 -0500

    I am looking for some ideas of how to block unicast, multicast or broadcast
    storms from within my current network. I have a large network with an
    installed base of various Cisco switches and routers. Upon doing some
    research the only way I can find to limit the effect of a broadcast storm is
    to use the port based command storm-control. While this is feasible, but
    time consuming, I would like to find a solution that can be performed either
    for the entire switch, access router or preferably from the distribution
    level of the network.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

    • Re: WB, UPN networks to merge!
      ... CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. ... Entertainment Form New 5th Broadcast ... Each Company to Hold 50% Interest In The CW Television Network ... New Television Network to Utilize the Best Programming from CBS ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • TNT wants to be the seventh (sixth? fifth?) network
      ... TNT takes on broadcasters ... Network aims for equal advertising prices ... push is on to get the same advertising prices that the broadcast webs ... "The Closer" has been a promotional platform for other TNT originals ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: wireless router password security
      ... But please omit the step where disabling SSID broadcast. ... trying to connect to someone else's network. ... someone to connect to my wireless router. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Atlas Shrugged? So Did Movie Goers
      ... The FOX Network is a "broadcast" network, the same as ABC, NBC and ... These broadcast networks have affiliate TV stations in the various ... local TV stations have a particular national network (ABC, FOX, NBC, ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)
    • Re: Unsecured wireless network
      ... network to access it. ... Disable broadcast SSID feature. ... The SSID is used to assign an identifier to the wireless network ...
      (microsoft.public.security)