[fw-wiz] Reducing Broadcast Storms

From: WEXLER, BEN A (SBCSI) (bw3481_at_sbc.com)
Date: 03/24/04

    To: "'firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com'" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:30:10 -0500

    I am looking for some ideas of how to block unicast, multicast or broadcast
    storms from within my current network. I have a large network with an
    installed base of various Cisco switches and routers. Upon doing some
    research the only way I can find to limit the effect of a broadcast storm is
    to use the port based command storm-control. While this is feasible, but
    time consuming, I would like to find a solution that can be performed either
    for the entire switch, access router or preferably from the distribution
    level of the network.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    firewall-wizards mailing list