[fw-wiz] outbound traffic security risk

From: Hilal Hussein (hilalma_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/23/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:50:12 +0000

    Dear List,

    I would like to ask about the risk of opening outbound port traffics in the

    currently, i am opening the outbound ports traffic based on the user
    request, as pop3, and smtp traffics. I red about some risk that could be in
    some kind of outbound traffics which might pass java scripts, or trojan
    horses, or other kind of attacks during the opened session from users
    (inside the network) to the outbound.

    so please, i need to know of any risk that could come with some kind of
    outbound traffics, and if there is a good link for resources about the
    latest news of vulnerabilities of such outbound traffics.

    your respond is highly appreciated,

    with regards,

    firewall-wizards mailing list