[fw-wiz] (no subject)

From: Hilal Hussein (hilalma_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/23/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:42:10 +0000

    Dear List,

    i have cisco pix firewall that is sending it log data to a cisco syslog
    server (windowsxp workstation).
    it is working fine with me since it is a service, so i willl be sure that it
    is running whenever the server is up and running.

    But i have two questions concerning this syslog:
    1 - the log files are too big since everyfile contains the whole day logs,
    and since the file size is about 400 + Mb, i am not able to open it. kindly,
    is there any third party utility which i can use to manage (open, check,
    filter, ....) the log files of the cisco syslog?

    2 - is there any other syslog server which could work with the cisco pix
    firewalls, and which is a service and NOT an application?

    your fast respond is highly appreciated,

    with regards,
    Hilal

    • RE: [fw-wiz] (no subject)
      ... i have cisco pix firewall that is sending it log data to a cisco syslog ... is running whenever the server is up and running. ... - the log files are too big since everyfile contains the whole day logs, ... - is there any other syslog server which could work with the cisco pix ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: firewall recommendation
      ... the Cisco PIX will do what you're talking ... We have a setup similar to yours. ... mail relay, web server, and FTP server are in a DMZ, the Exchange ... *NIX OS and write your own firewall rules. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: firewall on a bridge
      ... I can't remember an option in Checkpoint to do transparent or bridge ... Cisco PIX ... has a functionnality called transparent firewall. ... If this is a intensively used server, I would advice switching to a *nix ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Firewall question
      ... I just setup a Cisco PIX 506e firewall. ... resolution for my external pop3 server. ... > We will implement a PIX Firewall and we will start by blocking all ports ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Linux firewall questions
      ... >running a Cisco PIX for my firewall. ... What issues do I have with the Linux firewall. ... A Linux box is fine as a firewall if the ruleset is good. ... Linux box is good as an email server and web server. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)