Re: [fw-wiz] Evolution of Firewalls

From: ArkanoiD (ark_at_eltex.ru)
Date: 03/15/04

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>
    Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:37:00 +0300

    nuqneH,

    On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:04:16AM -0500, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

    > Another BIG value of proxies is that they can implement only subsets
    > of a protocol.

    Slightly OT, anyone aware of WHICH protocol subset do email clients
    use when doing IMAP4? I am still planning to implement a proxy, and RFC
    requires all servers to support the whole fscking pile of s**t!
    (still tring to imagine that terrible brain damage that may lead
    protocol designers to such an idiotic requirement)

    • Re: Program to send/receive files via a serial port
      ... > I am planning to write a program to automate the testing of serial ... > port. ... IMHO a general solution isn't easy, you need some protocol ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: Announcing SiteID Protocol
      ... > SiteID is an exciting new protocol that I've been planning and ... > designing during the past couple of months. ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
    • CANBUS networks for closed-loop motor control
      ... I am planning to use CANBUS networks for ... closed-loop motor control at 2-5khz ... which protocol is recommanded? ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: mail() - message lines <= 70 chars
      ... format depending on the carrier protocol. ... If you sniff the SMTP connection you'll see that long lines do get ... MUA at the other end. ... It's not really a problem as line wrapping at 70 chars looks perfectly neat in all email clients I've ever used. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: http or www still necessary?
      ... internet application is the protocol you're already using. ... understand this is an URL and how to route it. ... www.apple.com will work in a VERY few email clients, ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)