RE: [fw-wiz] Sources for Extranet Designs?

From: R. DuFresne (dufresne_at_sysinfo.com)
Date: 02/23/04

    To: "Baumann, Sean C." <Sean.Baumann@celera.com>
    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:38:29 -0500 (EST)

    Most that I have read on B2B architectures for extranets covered security,
    if they covered security at all, did so in such a minimalist way as to be
    of no real consequence. Functionality is the main concern of most the
    wiriteups I've seen, or manuals on such. Perhaps the best forums for what
    you appear to be seeking are right here at your e-mailing fingertips just
    awaiting clarification of the information you seek. I think that was the
    context of Paul's reply.

    B2B/extranet/VPN solutions, all over blown and over used terms and
    technologies that far too often really do not mitigate any og the risks
    they are implimented for.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Baumann, Sean C. wrote:

    > I wasn't particularly looking for a solution, or product. I was looking
    > for a comprehensive discussion on network and security architectures for
    > extranets (B2B), not necessarily available on the web (print is
    > acceptable). Instead, I got a plethora of condescending email replies
    > that gave me little or no information, which did not answer my (probably
    > not well written) question. I'll make sure I am more specific in the
    > future, so I don't get bombarded with "Didn't you google," or "Didn't
    > they teach you that in _____."
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sean

            admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                            http://sysinfo.com
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                    -- Johnny Hart
    testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!