Re: [fw-wiz] Botnets, IRC servers and firewalls?

From: Gadi Evron (ge_at_egotistical.reprehensible.net)
Date: 02/05/04

    To: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen@reptiles.org>
    Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:52:43 +0200

    > By that particular accounting, we should have you and all of your family
    > put down, because people in your town have committed crimes!

    I apologize for the multiple email messages, but a better analogy just
    scoured to me that may get my point across:

    If you own a gun and it was stolen. Then, somebody used your gun to
    murder someone. Are you responsible for the murder? No.

    Can you be held partially responsible because your gun was used, and you
    didn't guard it well enough? Absolutely yes.

    This is once again an exaggeration, I don't believe users should be held
    accountable if they were hacked (i.e. the "Trojan horse defense"). But
    if they were, they would perhaps keep their machines secure much like
    they (should) keep their cars fit for driving.

    This is all on the philosophical level/plain, you shouldn't kill a guy
    when he talks in the philosophical level/plain. :o)

            Gadi Evron.

    • Re: Gun owners often use the weapons on themselves
      ... Suicides accounted for 55 percent of the nation?s nearly 31,000 ... firearm deaths in 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are ... homicides accounted for 40 percent of gun deaths. ... that did not experience a suicide, even after accounting for other ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • Gun owners often use the weapons on themselves
      ... gun owners use the weapons on ... firearm deaths in 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are ... There was nothing unique about that year – gun-related suicides have ... that did not experience a suicide, even after accounting for other ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • Re: Attn., Acountantrats.
      ... I've just finished Emma Latham's Accounting for Murder and it was ... I try to snip ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)
    • Re: New Information
      ... I have not seen a full accounting of the rounds in the cop's gun - he could have fired at his back and missed, which convinced the victim to surrender. ... And that still leaves the fact that he could have been running away when the officer began firing if the first shots missed. ...
      (rec.skiing.alpine)
    • Re: Attn., Acountantrats.
      ... SNIP ... I've just finished Emma Latham's Accounting for Murder and it was ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)