Re: [fw-wiz] Generic Rules Digest Software

From: Chris Blask (
Date: 02/03/04

    Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:48:35 -0800

    Hi Lazlo,

    We (as a vendor) do that kind of thing with appliances (really for Security
    Threat Mitigation - "SIM with a response" kinda thing, but will show you
    what traffic is flowing and how that fits your ruleset as well) . In
    respect to the sanctity of the list I'll leave it to anyone else to contact
    me or look at the web for info, and I'll ping you offline.

    BTW, your "From" address header is bad, you have a redundant parentheses
    - (LazlÚ Carreidas))

    At 06:32 AM 2/3/2004 -0500, you wrote:
    >Hi, Wizards of Fire Walls
    >My unit is currently managing a growing number of PIXes and CheckPoints
    >"The management" has asked for a comprehensive list of rules of all the
    >active firewalls in the Company.
    >Therefore, I am looking for a software that would allow me to:
    > * feed the rules and objects from the firewalls
    > * normalise these
    > * return a list (or better, some kind of graphics) that would allow the
    > relevant people to understand what's going on.
    >For example:
    > PIX NYCPix01: allow tcp 80 (www) from *ANY to host WebSrv01 (
    >Does somebody knows if such a software exist ?
    >Many thanks
    > LazlÚ
    >New! Unlimited Netscape Internet Service.
    >Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
    >Act now to get a personalized email address!
    >Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
    >firewall-wizards mailing list

    Chris Blask
    Vice President, Business Development
    Protego Networks Inc.

    (1) 416-358-9885 - Direct/Mobile
    (1) 408 262 5220 - HQ
    (1) 408 262 5280 - Fax

    "The first purpose-built appliance for Real-Time Security Threat Mitigation"

    firewall-wizards mailing list