Re: [fw-wiz] Generic Rules Digest Software

From: Chris Blask (blask_at_protegonetworks.com)
Date: 02/03/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:48:35 -0800

    Hi Lazlo,

    We (as a vendor) do that kind of thing with appliances (really for Security
    Threat Mitigation - "SIM with a response" kinda thing, but will show you
    what traffic is flowing and how that fits your ruleset as well) . In
    respect to the sanctity of the list I'll leave it to anyone else to contact
    me or look at the web for info, and I'll ping you offline.

    -cheers!

    -chris

    BTW, your "From" address header is bad, you have a redundant parentheses
    - LazloCarreidas@netscape.net (LazlÚ Carreidas))

    At 06:32 AM 2/3/2004 -0500, you wrote:
    >Hi, Wizards of Fire Walls
    >
    >My unit is currently managing a growing number of PIXes and CheckPoints
    >boxes...
    >
    >"The management" has asked for a comprehensive list of rules of all the
    >active firewalls in the Company.
    >
    >Therefore, I am looking for a software that would allow me to:
    > * feed the rules and objects from the firewalls
    > * normalise these
    > * return a list (or better, some kind of graphics) that would allow the
    > relevant people to understand what's going on.
    >
    >For example:
    > PIX NYCPix01: allow tcp 80 (www) from *ANY to host WebSrv01 (172.16.17.18)
    >
    >Does somebody knows if such a software exist ?
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    > LazlÚ

    Chris Blask
    Vice President, Business Development
    Protego Networks Inc.

    (1) 416-358-9885 - Direct/Mobile
    (1) 408 262 5220 - HQ
    (1) 408 262 5280 - Fax

    blask@protegonetworks.com
    www.protegonetworks.com

    "The first purpose-built appliance for Real-Time Security Threat Mitigation"