Re: [fw-wiz] Broken pipe on SSL connections

From: Nils Vogels (nivo_at_yuckfou.org)
Date: 01/24/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:08:38 +0100

    Ludolph, Michel wrote:

    >We establish SSL-connections from a browser (IE) via a Cisco Content Switch to an SSL-accelerator. In between the browser and the Content Switch there is a Firewall with NAT enabled. Under high load (many users connecting simultaneously) we get a lot of Broken Pipe errors on client site, which indicates that the TCP/IP connection is unexpectedly closed.

    How many users are you talking about, simultaneously ?

    --
    Simple guidelines to happiness:
    Work like you don't need the money,

    • Re: school supplies!
      ... for convenience and others will trade convenience for money. ... Some would prefer for all the costs to be bundled and to pay ... I remember when I was probably around 10 or so, a parent of one of my sisters friends was moaning to me that she had to buy a pink leotard for ballet, with her explaination being that her child already had a pink leotard, I knew which leotard she was talking about and it was luminous pink and a completely different style to the ballet leotard she was being asked to purchase - and this was for an exam, not just for class, in the UK, it's typical to not have strong dress codes for things like dance classes, imagine what she would be thinking if that was in the US where the dress code is usually strict for classes with no uniformity across dance schools, in the UK, a pink ballet leotard is just that, if you need one for an exam then that is the style you'll wear regardless of where you take it, which school you go to etc. ...
      (misc.kids)
    • Money can in fact buy happiness, if its spent on others: study
      ... VANCOUVER - Money can buy happiness -- as long as it is spent on ... than to receive, said Elizabeth Dunn, a psychologist at the University ...
      (soc.culture.cambodia)
    • Re: Happiness as a government policy
      ... how we feel about life. ... happiness by leaving our higher earning higher stress lives for a ... there was no apparent corresponding increase in life satisfaction. ... "Many people assume that money is the key to greater happiness. ...
      (uk.philosophy.humanism)
    • Re: Gary Busey
      ... Money ... really doesn't bring happiness. ... the guy can pay his rent and get ...
      (rec.sport.football.college)
    • Re: Need Help With Song -- Title and Dance(s) (dancing with "senoritas who can play")
      ... It has a country styling ... happiness again", and wanting to dance with "Senoritias who can play". ... You can play with that until you get some familiar hits and then give those ...
      (rec.arts.dance)