[fw-wiz] Multiple subnets on inside interface of PIX 501

From: anth jaz (antsoundz_at_eudoramail.com)
Date: 01/21/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:44:11 -0800

    I have a PIX 501 that I would like to have 2 separate subnets on the inside interface. I want one subnet for LAN & WAN traffic and the other for VPN traffic. I now the routers support subinterfaces but I am not sure if the PIX 501 supports it. I am now currently at 6.3.(1).

    The reason I am doing this is because I already have my network configured and working on an internal network of 10.10.10.0 /24 and I need to create a site-to-site vpn with another company and they also have 10.10.10.0 /24. I only have about 6 computers I need to go through. I don't need the PIX to route the addresses internally. I can just add another nic if needed. I wanted to create another subnet 10.10.20.0 /24 and have all the 10.10.20.0 /24 go through the VPN.

    Thanks for any help.

    Check out the new EudoraMail at
    http://www.eudoramail.com