Re: [fw-wiz] OSPF on Firewall

From: pedski (pedski_at_optonline.net)
Date: 12/18/03

    To: Shimon Silberschlag <shimons@bll.co.il>
    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:19:15 -0500

    hi ...

    whatever you do if it is a pix firewall be wary of running ospf on
    it....we had major problems running ospf in a fwsm....bi g bugs...

    Shimon Silberschlag wrote:

    >Lets say that I have two routers (on an internal network) that talk OSPF
    >between them.
    >
    >Now I have to insert a firewall in-between the two routers.
    >
    >I am led to believe (by the Communications people I work with) that there is
    >no other option but to install OSPF on the firewall, which doesn't make me
    >feel easy about the solution.
    >
    >Is it true that there is no other way around this problem?
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Shimon Silberschlag
    >
    >+972-3-9351572
    >+972-51-207130

    • RE: [fw-wiz] How AAA in PIX Firewall ?
      ... The problem of use site-to-site VPN is that I need to buy 1 PIX Firewall ... > Remote Office. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • [fw-wiz] PIX 515 Pci Network Cards
      ... I happen to have an older PIX firewall, and after opening it and having a squiz ... inside I notice it just uses PCI network cards, so what I was wondering is ... responsible for delivering the communication, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: 2k3 member server can not browse internet
      ... tracert takes me to our pix firewall as I would expect, ... I'll try and disable sophos EM later and see what happens, ... I'm hopeing it's a firewall rule though! ...
    • Re: Firewall for laptops, corporation with 1,000 laptops
      ... If I upgrade my laptops to WinXP and use the built-in firewall, ... PIX does nothing to protect you from VPN ... the PIX firewall does nothing to protect a roaming laptop from ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • RE: Protecting PIX Firewall at the Perimeter Router
      ... Protecting PIX Firewall at the Perimeter Router ... PIX will be doing NAT, protecting DMZ machines, and IPSec connections. ...
      (Security-Basics)