Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 500 as ROUTER ONLY

From: Luca Berra (
Date: 11/22/03

    Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:32:15 +0100

    On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:26:26PM -0800, Dario Calia wrote:
    >Which PIX model do you have? The PIX supports static
    >routing, Passive
    >RIP and a very complete implementation of OSPF. What

    correct me if i am wrong, the major difference in using a pix instead of
    a router would be that the pix does not forward packets on the same

    Luca Berra --
            Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
      X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
     / \
    firewall-wizards mailing list

    • Re: Trouble with PIX 506 ver 5.1
      ... No. VLANs are not supported until PIX 6.3, ... A couple of models have no VLAN support at all; ... rip passive is only of value if there is a supplier of RIP information ...
    • Re: Dual routers and PIX question
      ... OSPF comes into play: when you use RIP, the PIX doesn't like ... firewall to do any NAT required to make them work. ... If you use OSPF to select between PIX interfaces, ...
    • Re: Dual routers and PIX question
      ... PIX 515E. ... I've been reading about OSPF, is that what I need to ... If you connect both routers to a switch that is then ... switching interfaces, but it can do it with OSPF. ...
    • Re: ASA 5510 ospf config with pix 501
      ... several PIX models, not just ASA ... PIX 501 do not support OSPF themselves -- they are unable to change ... instead of multicast to allow the proper routing info. ...
    • Re: Turn Off OSPF load-balancing
      ... on OSPF routes advertised to the PIX by said VPN routers. ... did you do auto cost reference bandwidth and try changing the cost ...