RE: [fw-wiz] Skip the PDM

From: Crissup, John (MBNP is) (John.Crissup_at_us.millwardbrown.com)
Date: 11/20/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:43:55 -0600

      I agree with your thoughts about the PDM. You are correct, in that the
    PDM simply converts the various settings to character based commands and
    enters them into the PIX. In fact, you can even review the command lines
    before you apply them.

      As for myself, I played with the PDM for about three days when I first
    installed our two model 520 PIXes. I quickly abandoned that idea for the
    command line instead. Of course, I'm an old DOS guy who really can't stand
    graphical interfaces anyway. I've always believed graphical interfaces are
    for monkeys who want to claim to be admins without having to learn how to
    actually administer the device. ;-)

    --
    John