Re: [fw-wiz] trusted & untrusted ports

From: Monkey Boy (hydra291_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/09/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:21:54 -0500

    Hello Hilal, I am a little confused here. It is the application which opens
    a socket to respond to a request recieved from a client. . You can configure
    your f/w to allow connections on certain ports, as well depending on the
    granularity offered by your firewall, which I believe is what your getting
    at here. Secondly I don't understand what you mean by trusted vs. untrusted
    ports? Can you elaborate further please. Thirdly all applications to my
    knowledge use the client server model of communication.

    regards,

    Don Parker