RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC

From: Scot Kreienkamp (Scot_at_pc-sos.net)
Date: 10/22/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:22:40 -0400

    I don't believe that the PIX can pass DHCP/bootp, but don't hold me to
    that (never tried it). The remote PIX could be configured to be a DHCP
    server that you can manage however, and TFTP would easily pass through
    the VPN tunnel so that might be another option to address your needs.

    HTH and good luck.

    Wes

      ... I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the ... Because I don't control all the devices at the remote end one ... PIX will be able to do this? ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC
      ... The remote PIX could be configured to be a DHCP server ... > I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the ... Because I don't control all the devices at the remote end one ... > of my requirements is that I be able to do DHCP/Bootp and TFTP from the ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: VPN overkill?
      ... I think a PIX at the remote end will ... from the PIX to another concentrator. ... We have a goal of connecting a remote office to a central office via a ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Problems with RWW connection after move
      ... In the PIX, make sure port 4125 is forwarded to the SBS NIC. ... using RWW for email and remote desktop connection with no problems. ... and opened port 444, and immedately afterwards a remote user was able to ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)