RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC

Date: 10/22/03

    To: "'Scot Kreienkamp'" <Scot@pc-sos.net>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:14:37 -0500

    I don't believe that the PIX can pass DHCP/bootp, but don't hold me to that
    (never tried it). The remote PIX could be configured to be a DHCP server
    that you can manage however, and TFTP would easily pass through the VPN
    tunnel so that might be another option to address your needs.

    HTH and good luck.

    Wes

      ... I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the ... Because I don't control all the devices at the remote end one ... PIX will be able to do this? ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: VPN overkill?
      ... I think a PIX at the remote end will ... from the PIX to another concentrator. ... We have a goal of connecting a remote office to a central office via a ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Problems with RWW connection after move
      ... In the PIX, make sure port 4125 is forwarded to the SBS NIC. ... using RWW for email and remote desktop connection with no problems. ... and opened port 444, and immedately afterwards a remote user was able to ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Problems with RWW connection after move
      ... In the PIX, make sure port 4125 is forwarded to the SBS NIC. ... using RWW for email and remote desktop connection with no problems. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC
      ... I don't believe that the PIX can pass DHCP/bootp, ... The remote PIX could be configured to be a DHCP ... > I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)