[fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC

From: Scot Kreienkamp (Scot_at_pc-sos.net)
Date: 10/22/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:58:39 -0400

    Hi all,

    I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the
    internet. Because I don't control all the devices at the remote end one
    of my requirements is that I be able to do DHCP/Bootp and TFTP from the
    remote end to the head end via the IPSEC VPN. Does anyone know if the
    PIX will be able to do this?

    If anyone has a better product in mind that can accomplish this please
    let me know, I'm not stuck on the PIX but I do need a workable solution
    within the next few days. Please don't say linux, I've already been
    turned down there. :)

    Thanks!

    Scot Kreienkamp
    Scot@PC-SOS.net

    • RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC
      ... I don't believe that the PIX can pass DHCP/bootp, ... The remote PIX could be configured to be a DHCP ... > I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX DHCP relay via IPSEC
      ... The remote PIX could be configured to be a DHCP server ... > I'm looking at using two PIX's to do site to site IPSEC via the ... Because I don't control all the devices at the remote end one ... > of my requirements is that I be able to do DHCP/Bootp and TFTP from the ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: VPN overkill?
      ... I think a PIX at the remote end will ... from the PIX to another concentrator. ... We have a goal of connecting a remote office to a central office via a ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Problems with RWW connection after move
      ... In the PIX, make sure port 4125 is forwarded to the SBS NIC. ... using RWW for email and remote desktop connection with no problems. ... and opened port 444, and immedately afterwards a remote user was able to ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)