Re: [fw-wiz] Real World PIX 535 Performance

From: James Hunter (jhunter_at_dotprofile.net)
Date: 10/08/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:20:54 -0600 (MDT)

    I found a article http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/2000/1204rev2.html that
    explains more "real world 535 answers"

    Jimmy-Jim-Jim

    > Does the PIX 535 actually support 500,000 simultaneous sessions in a
    > real world situation?
    > Does the PIX 535 really live up to the 1.7Gbps of firewall throughput
    > claim?
    >
    > My setup:
    > PIX 535 HA pair
    > 4 66mhz GigE ports on each unit.
    > 4 100M ports on each unit
    >

    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    James Hunter
    303-726-7067
    jhunter@dotprofile.net

    • Re: pix firewall setup help.
      ... > I am new to working with firewalls. ... I have just purchased the cisco pix 506E. ... I am wondering how i could setup the network to allow the ... > establish vpn connections from the internet to the pix machine. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Multi homed question
      ... you shouldnt have to do any routing for this as long as exchange is setup on ... SBS to connect to the PIX using the 90.0.1.1 nic. ... > mail it forwards it to the exchange server. ... >> unless you setup a route on from 90.0.0.x to 90.0.1.x the two cards will ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Dynamic firewall based on bandwidth usage ?
      ... director in the L.V.S. jargon) that sends requests to 4 web servers ... (cluster setup based on Linux Virtual Server include in redhat ... Cisco does that. ... Depending on which PIX and which version of the PIX, ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Choosing a Firewall
      ... > firewalls. ... We currently have a PIX 506e and seem to be running into some ... If you need to setup PPTP to the firewall, WG makes it simple to setup ... If you need branch-office ipsec dedicated tunnels, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Two ISP - One Router - 1 PIX
      ... Presently I have a setup like this ... ... which is connected a switch1 and a PIX Firewall whose inside interface ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)