Re: [fw-wiz] Personal Firewall Day?

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas_at_dvb.homelinux.org)
Date: 10/07/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:16:58 +0530

    On 06/10/03 16:50 -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
    > Crispin Cowan wrote:
    > >I submit that dumb terminals are dead & gone
    >
    > I said we needed to kill general-purpose computing, not go to dumb
    > terminals. Why did everyone assume I was talking about dumb terminals?
    > Basically, I think we need to go to locked-down devices that do all the
    > intesting processing locally but store their interesting stuff on a backend.
    Most people still have just the one system, and that might be connected
    only on a slow and expensive dialup to the Internet.
    *There is no backend*, unless you get one from all vendors agreeing to a
    standard.

    Devdas Bhagat

    • Re: What other languages
      ... when the terminal screens became ... I was computing long before there were any types of disks. ... remote dumb terminals. ...
      (rec.travel.europe)
    • Re: Thin Clients
      ... >> terminals, that connect to a Unix server. ... The dumb terminals are being ... How can I make fedora log in to this server ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Thin Clients
      ... > terminals, that connect to a Unix server. ... The dumb terminals are being ... How can I make fedora log in to this server ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Thin Clients
      ... > terminals, that connect to a Unix server. ... The dumb terminals are being ... How can I make fedora log in to this server ...
      (Fedora)
    • Connection problems
      ... We have a windows 2000 terminal server, our users are a mix of dumb ... terminals and MS rdp client running on win2000 and XP. ... For the past month or so the clients are being disconnected from the server, ...