Re: [fw-wiz] Personal Firewall Day?

From: Adam Shostack (
Date: 10/07/03

    To: Crispin Cowan <>
    Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:30:18 -0400

    On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:57:21AM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    | I submit that dumb terminals are dead & gone, until & unless something
    | happens that makes massive central storage vastly cheaper than local
    | storage. At the moment, local storage is actually cheaper than machine
    | room spindles, so the trend is going the other way.

    Is that a managed, or unmanaged cost? How do you do backup and
    disaster recovery on desktop storage?

    Admittedly, a good compression algorithm could reduce most of what's on
    your desktop to a few napster:// urls and the content of your
    powerpoint, reducing the backup work to a few dozens of megs, but I've
    yet to see that productized.

    firewall-wizards mailing list