[fw-wiz] unauthenticated topology download on AI error message

From: Steve Rielly (steve.rielly_at_extranet.co.nz)
Date: 10/02/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:50:48 +1200

    Hi All,

    I have been connecting to an NG AI firewall with SecuRemote for NG with no
    problems....right up until I created a new user.

    The existing users had been imported when the firewall was upgraded from 4.1
    SP6 to AI and had been working fine.

    Now when I go to do a site update, or create the site, after I put in the
    IPAddress to connect to I get a message like 'This firewall is configured to
    allow unauthenticated topology downloads and this is no longer supported. I
    don't actually get a chance to authenticate this connection.

    I removed the user I created, with no effect, and using GUIDBEdit I have
    change 'allow_clear_gettopo' from true to false under the Global
    Properties->Properties->Firewall properties and have restarted the firewall.

    This also didn't fix the problem and I am still getting the same message.
    Existing users are still able to connect fine, but I suspect if they try a
    site update they will loose connectivity.

    Any suggestions as to what else I should be looking at??

    Cheers,
        Steve Rielly

    • Re: Leopard keeps picking up a spoofed IP
      ... Was in the Apple store and this problem flummoxed the Genuis Bar guy. ... Mac, bad Ethernet port on whatever you're connecting to, wireless connection ... problems, dead network, other possible problems) or software (incorrectly set ... firewall incorrectly set configd will not run. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: really evil ipfw rules
      ... After all of these messages hit your ISP's SMTP server to go out, ... Report the spam to the ISP ... > connection to an SMTP server, there is no connecting ISP. ... Using a firewall DENY rule only works if the spammer is connecting ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: OMA not working - any pointers?
      ... Therefore it is outside the firewall ... Same device worked 100% connecting to an alternative SBS2003 Standard ... David ... >> Remote Web Workplace and Outlook Web Access work flawlessly however from ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: FC3 Security
      ... > gives out IP addresses and actually owns the network. ... > following options for connecting my FC3 computer to the Internet: ... of services which could be handled by one server and a firewall. ... Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Error 721
      ... connecting via broadband. ... Haven't had any problems yet with SP3 and VPN, ... you are talking about a Win2k3 server behind a router ... Is there a firewall rule on the remote computer causing problems? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)