[fw-wiz] Cisco Pix SNMP & Bandwidth Accounting

From: scsi (scsi_at_thegrid.net)
Date: 09/30/03

To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:12:57 -0700

Hello,

I have a PIX 515E that I would like to do some more extensive accounting
on. Specifically, I would like real-time information on how much
bandwidth an individual IP is sucking down. We already have the PIX
setup to do syslogging, but I can't see a way to make active SNMP
queries to extract bw usage information per ip (host-name would be even
better). If anyone has had any experience in this or can point me in the
right direction, that would be great.

Thanx,
Steve

  • Re: monitor 515e pix firewall traffic bandwidth
    ... :how can i monitor the internet useage through out of my pix ... i installed the kiwi syslog server but it dose not provid ... If what you are looking for is just "bandwidth", ... If you are trying to track traffic volume per machine, then in PIX 6.x ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: PIX monitoring
    ... FTP server on the net and since there was no limitation of bandwidth ... at either endpoint, he inadvertently consumed all of our T1 bandwidth ... connection endpoints, only number of connections, bandwidth ... You can configure SPAN on one of the switch-ports to send a copy of all PIX ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: LAN users internet monitoring system
    ... >bandwidth and i see that my MTRG all ways shows full. ... >am using Cisco pix as my firewall and also doing a NAT/PAT on it. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: LAN users internet monitoring system
    ... >>I am Sys Admin for a small development company, ... >>I would like to know how in the network is utilizing the bandwidth. ... > At least in PIX 6.x, the PIX itself cannot show you who is using ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] [OT?] Accounting from PIX Logs
    ... of this type using a PIX. ... is there ever going to be a netflow-export type accounting ... I think connection traffic (for any single connection ... had log data missing or actually looking in the log data for accounting ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)