RE: [fw-wiz] snpp

From: Sloane, David (DSloane_at_vfa.com)
Date: 09/26/03

    To: "Hummer Marchand" <HMarchand@co.routt.co.us>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:44:09 -0400

    Hummer,

    I don't know the Raptor firewall, but I'd bet there's a global setting
    outside the normal rule base that blocks packets directed at the
    firewall itself. Windows-based firewalls seem to take over most IP
    functions from the OS (and rightly so). I'd look outside the normal
    rule base for NT-host-specific firewall config settings.

    -David