[fw-wiz] OT: vendors please respond

From: admin security Mehta (mehta_kumar47_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 09/26/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: 26 Sep 2003 13:56:10 -0000

    Greetings all,

      My company is looking for security devices for its network of
    branches.
    I posted this mail here because I need experts choice.
    I was in doubt whether my earlier mail is posted or not so I
    subscribed for this mailing list to post my query.

    We are looking into the following features:
        -stateful inspection firewall
        - support most used applications( ALGs)
        - Powerful attack detection engine
        - VPN
          a) IPSec/IKE
          b) L2TP over IPSec to use WIN XP VPN client
          c) LDAP,SCEP
          d) Hub and spoke support

    NOTE: My company prefers Indian based products.
    Regards,
    TIA
    Mehta

    • RE: what should I do when....
      ... "It is my opinion that firewalls are not security devices as much as ... Their job is to control network ... suppose my use of the term "Traffic Shaping" could be argued. ... Firewalls accept or deny access based on their ruleset. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: New WinXP comp wont recognize Win98 computer
      ... on my home network which has a dlink 530tx network card and neither ... This setup uses a cat5 setup I have used for years between a win98 and a ... Windows XP comes with a lot of security devices, so start by checking for a ... But with Windows 98 and Windows XP, you probably have a master browser conflict ...