[fw-wiz] Thanx One more problem

From: Mayur Gala (mayurpix_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 09/26/03

    Date: 26 Sep 2003 03:09:33 -0000

    unable to ping & traceroute from the OUTSIDE switch to Internet
    router.
    BUT EXTENDED PING WORKS????

    Kindly note that Outside Switch GigabitEthernet0/11 is going to
    Primary PIX gb-ethernet0 named as wan-net and having security
    level of 11, IP address 192.168.100.9/29 and GigabitEthernet0/12
    is going to Standby PIX gb-ethernet0 named as wan-net and having
    security level of 11,IP address 192.168.100.10/29.

    VSAT is terminated on Outside Switch on GigabitEthernet0/9 Port
    having IP 10.203.32.2.

    Internet Router F0/0 IP x.x.x.x/24 is connected to a 3Com Switch
    and ethernet2 i.e. outside Interface of Both the PIX having IP
    x.x.x.x/24 and x.x.x.x/24 respectively are also connected to the
    same 3Com Switch where the Internet Router is connected.

    Revert back for any further query.

    Regards
    Mayur

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 Wes Noonan wrote :
    >It is based on Finesse. It is known as PIXOS.
    >
    >Wes

    • Re: vpn redundancy PIX and 3000 series
      ... I have a fiber ring comming into a managed switch owned by my primary ... That goes to a WAN vlan, my pix has an interface into the ... As far as internet goes, ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: MLPPP Help Needed - Please review Telco Configuration on Cisco Router
      ... - do this with the PIX connected. ... the router, I can only ping the IP address of the G0/0 interface. ... not have access to the telco router. ... I was able to get out to the Internet ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: VPN Design - is it possible?
      ... >> you can have the two ISPs converge at a device outside the PIX A, ... the PIX to a switch and connect the switch to the two routers, ... appropriate "only one switch active at a time" failover logic. ... convertor is still up) Can the device discover the layer 1 failure by ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: MLPPP Help Needed - Please review Telco Configuration on Cisco Router
      ... 0/0 or 0/1 whcih ever port the PIX connects to ... - do this with the PIX connected. ... the router, I can only ping the IP address of the G0/0 interface. ... I was able to get out to the Internet ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Linksys BEFSX41 vs. high end firewalls
      ... >wherever possible and want an inexpensive router for DSL internet ... >The Router can be configured to limit internal users' Internet access ... I just set up a Cisco Pix 501 firewall for our medical office. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)