Re: [fw-wiz] Stop using dorkslayers.com RBLs now

From: Luca Berra (bluca_at_comedia.it)
Date: 09/17/03

    To: fw-wiz <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:01:57 +0200

    On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 10:15:24PM +0200, Mikael Olsson wrote:

    >Not a firewall issue per se, but we all use mail, don't we?
    >
    >If you use dorkslayers.com RBLs: STOP NOW.
    >
    >The dorkslayers RBLs have been down for quite some time, which
    >is nondestructive in and of itself. But with VeriSign's latest
    >stunt - returning 64.94.110.11 for all unknown domains - RBL
    >lookups will return hits for anything under dorkslayers.com
    >
    >And, yes, I do recognize the irony in trying to get the
    >warning out this way.

    What about stopping using RBLs for good?

    At least if you do think they work better than content rules and
    bayesian classifiers (and they don't) use them like spamassassin does,
    assign them a score and don't base your answer on just one of them.

    regards,
    L. (who does not like to delegate to anyone the decision of who can send
    him mail)

    --
    Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it
            Communication Media & Services S.r.l.

    • Re: Firewall for VMS / TRU64
      ... > Sun seems to do quite well in this market with a "general purpose operating ... They have their own Sunscreen firewall package running on Solaris ... For home use, I've got a consumer-grade NAT router, which is *not* a ... which ought to be proxying HTTP and SMTP, running the RBLs for you, ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • [fw-wiz] Stop using dorkslayers.com RBLs now
      ... Not a firewall issue per se, but we all use mail, don't we? ... If you use dorkslayers.com RBLs: ... The dorkslayers RBLs have been down for quite some time, ... Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)